Tourism in Gandhinagar
Tourist Spots in Gandhinagar
- Akshardham Temple: This is the most visited temple in Gandhinagar. About 1000 artisans were involved in building this temple which is intricately carved with 6000 tones of pink sandstone.
- Capital Complex: Capital Complex is located in sector 10 which serves as the center of the city. This is a very huge building complex that consists of several buildings housing government and legislature offices.
- Craftsmen Village: Craftsmen Village is situated very close to Gandhinagar at the back of River Sabarmati. This village is popular for Bandhani saris and wooden printing blocks. The craftsmen of this village are generally Gujjars.
- Adalaj Step Well: Adalaj Step Well is an architectural marvel which is located at a distance of 15 kilometers from Gandhinagar on National Highway. The well is very popular for the unique architecture that it possesses. It consists of a very massive artistic edifice along with steps.
- Children’s Park: This is also a major attraction especially for children. The park has a lake that provides boating facilities and also has a mini train for the kids to ride and enjoy.
- Sarita Udyan: Sarita Udyan is located in sector 9 and it serves as the best and the perfect place for picnickers. The area is fully developed with recreational facilities for the localites and even for the tourists who visit Gandhinagar.
- GIFT City Tower: The GIFT City Tower is the tallest building located in Gujarat. This building is 28 storied and it ranks first in the buildings that have been built in the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City that is GIFT.
- Mahatma Mandir: Mahatma Mandir is situated in sector 13. Though named as Mahatma Mandir, it is not a temple. It serves as an exihibitory area for industrial and economic development.
- Punit Van: Punit Van is a botanical garden located in sector 19 and it consists of a blend of Amphitheatre and Botanical Garden based on Zodiac signs.
- Hanumanji Temple: Hanumanji Temple lies at a distance of 25 kilometers from Gandhinagar and this temple is devoted to Lord Hanuman.
- Sabarmati Ashram: Situated on the banks of the Sabarmati river and also known as Satyagraha Ashram, the ashram lies at a distance of 23 kilometers from Gandhinagar and displays belongings of Gandhiji.
Shopping in Gandhinagar
Contact Details of Gandhinagar Tourist Corporation
Contact Number: +91 79 23222523/ 23222645/ 23220002
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gandhinagar Tourism Customer Care Number: 1800-233-7951 (Toll Free)
Transport in GandhinagarGetting around Gandhinagar is possible with many transport options like CNG Auto Rickshaws, Gujarat State Board Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) buses. You can move around the sectors and localities of the city in auto rickshaws.
The National Highway 8A connects Gandhinagar to cities like Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Surat. The State Highways connect Gandhinagar to major cities like Saurahsthtra, Rajkot, Kachhh, Navsari, Bhuj, Valsad, Diu, Patan, Mehsana, Vapi, Anand and Bharuch.
How to Reach Gandhinagar
- By Air: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad that lies at a distance of 18 kilometers from Gandhinagar provides good connectivity with international as well as domestic destinations.
- By Rail: Gandhinagar Capital is the main railway station of Gandhinagar which is sited at sector 14. There are many trains that run on the western zone, passing through Gandhinagar. At present there are a total of five trains that run from Gandhinagar Capital among which there are two MEMU trains and three express trains. Ahmedabad railway Station at Kalupur in Ahmedabad is the nearest railway station to Gandhinagar.
- By Road: Gandhinagar is well connected with cities like Mumbai, Surat and Navi Mumbai through the National Highway 8A and with Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, and New Delhi through National Highway 8C.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0