Culture of Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar has a rich cultural heritage. The beauty of its culture is depicted through its fairs, festivals, performing arts, food and craftsmanship. People from all over the world visit here, to be a part of its cultural events. They love buying lovely artifacts and traditional attires.
Art and Craft in Gandhinagar
Gandhinagar represents splendid cultural legacy of Gujarat through its significant artwork, craftsmanship and arts including wood carvings. Fine examples of wood carvings can be found in temples and monuments. The craftwork of artisans on daily-use utensils and objects. The native tribes in Gandhinagar specialize in making exclusive ethnic jewellery and terracotta work.
Festivals Celebrated in Gandhinagar
The major festivals that are celebrated in Gandhinagar are as follows:
- Uttarayan: This is the kite flying festival that is celebrated annually on 14th or 15th January.
- Navratri: The festival is attributed with dance performances at different venues throughout Gujarat. Apart from Garba, there are other dance forms that are practiced by the people of Gandhinagar such as Dandiya and Raas. Raas is a dance form that is very colorful and at the same time energetic and it is a dance form in which expressions, eye contact, rhythm and body language play a very important role.
- Gujarati New Year and Diwali: Diwali is celebrated with great show and excitement by the people of Gandhinagar.
- Holi: Holi is another festival celebrated in Gandhinagar.
- Gujarat Sthapana Divas: Gujarat Sthapana Divas or the Foundation Day of Gujarat is also celebrated like a festival in Gandhinagar. It is celebrated on 1st May every year. The area around Sachivalaya and Vidhan Sabha and the entire area up to Mahatma Mandir is lighted up on this day.
- Vasant Utsav: It is celebrated during winters.
Traditional Attires of People in Gandhinagar
The traditional attire of men include Kurtas and Dhotis, Kedia and even Bandis. Kedia is a tight-fitting coat with long sleeves. It has frilled pleats at the waist. The borders and the shoulders of this coat are embroidered. Women wear Chania-Choli during festivals and other special occasions. Though in the main city people wear modern outfits but in rural areas people wear these traditional wear.The women also use veil cloth called dupatta or odhni that renders a final stroke to the entire outfit. This veil cloth is taken over the head or across the neck.
Dance and Music in GandhinagarHere is a list of music classes in Gandhinagar:
Harmony The Music Academy
Address: 306, Swagat Rain Forest 2, Below Spices and Herbs Restaurant, Opposite Swaminarayan Dham, Koba Gandhinagar Highway, Koba, Gandhinagar- 382007, Gujarat.
Muzika The King Of Music
Address: Shop No-2, 5, 6, Near Balaji Circle, Vakhiya Shopping Center, Kalol, Gandhinagar-382721, Gujarat.
Address: Shop-208,209 Devprit Complex, Opposite Government Engineering College, Beside 4D Square Mall, Visat Gandhinagar Highway, Gandhinagar, Gandhinagar-382044, Gujarat.
Ramzat Musical Group & Classes
Address: H/9/ 106, Sardar Patel Housing Society, Sector 14, Gandhinagar HO, Gandhinagar-382010, Gujarat
Radhika Group, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Address: Shantikunj, Plot No. 550/B, Sector 8, Gandhinagar
Shashi Kunj Academy, Gandhinagar Sarkhej Highway, Ahmedabad
Address: 2nd Floor, Sapath Complex 3, Bodakdev, Gandhinagar Sarkhej Highway, Ahmedabad – 380055, Landmark: Near The Grand Bhagwati Hotel, Working Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 8.30 PM ( Lunch: 1 PM - 4.30 PM.
Drama and Theatre in GandhinagarIf you love theater and watching dramas, you have many options being in Gandhinagar:
City Pulse Institute Of Film & Television
Address: City Pulse Campus, Next To Koba Circle, Before Indroda Circle, Sabarmati Gandhinagar Highway, Gandhinagar Sector 7, Gandhinagar- 382007, Gujarat, India
Layer Animation Vfx
Address: 286, 1st Floor, Gh-4, Near Purnima Hotel, Sector-16, Gandhinagar Sector 17, Gandhinagar- 382017, Gujarat, India
Address: 4 F/F5, Vavol, Harinagar Society, Gandhinagar Sector 7, Gandhinagar- 382007, Gujarat, India
Actor Prepares The School for Actors , Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway , Ahmedabad
Address: 83, Village Chharodi, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-380060, Gujarat, India, Landmark: Opposite Nirma University
Shashikunj Academy, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway
Contact Person: Bhairvi Y Lakhani
Address: 2nd Floor, 3, Shapath, Near Grand Bhagwati, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad, - 380015
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1